воскресенье, 25 октября 2009 г.

002 Rocktober and Gamelist I

Hello, emptiness of no one, who’d read this. But I’m writing anyway.
It’s October’s rain of releases, and out of all that’s coming out I wanted to get these fellows:

1. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
2. Brutal Legend
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Demons Souls.

And out of all that I only bought Uncharted 2… No, not cause of money or it’s inept awesomeness. I was actually planning to get it in the end (save the best for last), and besides I had a preorder on NG∑2, so it was first on my list.

But none of the other games made it to EU yet (gonna import DS), and nothing except Uncharted 2 (which was obviously too sweet not to ship) made it to my local stores yet.

I’m probably gonna buy Katamari Forever, to spend the time as I wait…

Oh and BTW, I’m gonna go try and sell my games to a used games store, if I find one. But my brother said it might be a good idea to list all the games I had an rate them, before I get rid of some of them.

Alphabetical order. Rating is S, A, B, C, D. These are my marks for the game’s enjoyment by ME. Total IMHO.

These are the ones I’m planning to sell, so they get priority.

Armored Core For Answer
-the mech-sim of gray uninvertable axis-

Story: C (or rather I never gave a damn, which means it wasn’t gripping)
Gameplay: B (not that bad, but there was no way to invert the axis and the controls felt funny. Also a tad hard, not challenging, just hard)
Design/Art: B+ (I’m a mech fan, but these were a bit average IMHO)
Music: ? (there was music in this game? Totally forgettable)
Overall: C+ (I dropped it, came back to it out of renewed interest, and dropped it again)

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
-antiquated 2-D tactics harcore-

Story: ? (never got that far)
Gameplay: ? (Not a fan and the features seemed too complex, and the game not-too-promising to learn them.)
Design/Art: ? (If you’re going for 2-D in this generation, if better be friggin’ Blazblue level)
Music: B (Japanese soundtrack at it’s good days)
Overall: C+ (I have good friends who are genuinely liking this game, so I guess it has it’s audience, but that’s not me.)

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
-dynasty warriors IN SPACE!-

Story: B (It’s Gundam! But it has no Gundam 00, so that’s a let down)
Gameplay: B (Dynasty Warriors IN SPACE!)
Design/Art: A (it has a power of ultra franchise behind it, what did you expect?)
Music: B (Epic gundamness)
Overall: B (Dynasty Warriors 6 was still kinda better. Not enough Gundam to keep me rolling)

Heavenly Sword
-overhyped and unworthy hell-knows-what-

Story: D (Was aiming for Wuxia-esque epicness, but damn the ass-pulls and randomness)
Gameplay: C+ (Throwing shit with the sixaxis was fun. Combat is bland, not DMC, not even God of War. And why so short?)
Design/Art: B- (had a few nice ideas, but they were too abrupt and unimmersive)
Music: C (I am so tired of
Overall: C- (Don’t buy this, just don’t. It’s a 4 to 5 hours waste of your time.

Prototype
-oh so forgettable and inferior in comparison to Infamous-

Story: D (Friggin’ predictable)
Gameplay: C (needlessly complex combat system and crappy acrobatics, which I miss with all the time)
Design/Art: D (not creative at all. Resident Evil biohazard monsters is all you get.)
Music: C (Usual epic stuff, I’ll be saying that a lot)
Overall: C (Not that bad of a game, but comparing it to infamous kills it for me)

Resistance: Fall of Man
-dark-horse shooter-

Story: C (Space Marines versus Aliens! Well maybe not, but the so lost the alternative WWII theme along the way)
Gameplay: A (Hell yes! for all those fancy weapons… And they were original too)
Design/Art: B- (Not that they’re bad, but not all the original either)
Music: C (unmemorable, but not bad.)
Overall: B (I enjoyed it. And then forgot it. Haven’t bought Resistance 2 either.)

Silent Hill: Homecoming
-western take on the survival horror legend-

Story: A- or B+ (Not silent hill level, really, but still nice enough)
Gameplay: B (Creepy, yet the aiming works)
Design/Art: A- (pretty sick, but that’s what horror needs I guess. The Bosses is where it really shines.)
Music: S (It’s Akira Yamaoka, how can you be wrong? “One more soul to the call” is awesome beyond words)
Overall: B+ (Great game. Not the NEXT great Silent Hill game, but a fresh start for the genre)

Soul Calibur IV
-almost plotless fighting-

Story: C (Story mode is too short and meaningless. Also who the hell thought that Darth Vader was a nice addition?)
Gameplay: B+ (Soul Calibur’s pros and cons are their best)
Design/Art: A (I love Hilde. And everybody else was slightly redesigned for this. They’re flashy and memorable, as fighting characters should be)
Music: B (Usual epic stuff, I’ll be saying that a lot)
Overall: B

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
-wasted plot and nice physics-

Story: D+ (It had the balls to give Vader a secret apprentice and then flushed any good ideas they could have used. Vader had a secret apprentice, and nothing else is really interesting.)
Gameplay: B (It was original, but flawed. Not nearly as deep as it could’ve been)
Design/Art: B (Star wars, not much to say, except that the Apprentice is bland)
Music: C (Star Wars music can be fun only so many times)
Overall: C (overhyped, not that good really. The story really killed it for me.

Street Fighter IV
-let’s get fugly!-

Story: C (What story? I barely understood anything.)
Gameplay: B+ (Pretty awesome, but a tad too difficult for me. But it’s my fault I’m not skilled)
Design/Art: A (Trendy ink is awesome!)
Character Design: D- (Why are they so ugly and dumb? That was intentional!)
Music: B (Jpop is nice, but overall not memorable)
Overall: B (Too fugly to look at and too difficult to master straight away)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий